Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nevertember 9th...



Neverland
written by Just K

I’ve stopped waiting for Detox only because I know it doesn’t exist. It’s hilarious reading interviews from Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, and anybody else who claims to have had a hand in crafting the greatest rap album of all time. Right. If that’s the case, where’s the album, bruh? Is it in Harry Potter’s Chamber of Secrets? Will it drop on February 30th?

Maybe I’m being a little extra, but at this point it’s about self-preservation. I don’t want to get my feelings hurt. Time and time again I’ve been let down and left heartbroken. Repeatedly I was told to wait for highly patiently for anticipated CDs to drop. I’ve seen the projected release dates. I’ve seen those release dates turn into “coming soon.” I’ve read the interviews with featured artists and producers. I even heard about the surprise guests. I think the surprise came when the CDs never did. So, this is my ode to the albums that never were.


Eve

“Here I Am”

Maybe there wasn’t enough money for any instruments on the CD besides the Tambourine. Funny enough, you can still pre-order her CD at Amazon.com despite the listed 2007 release date. Tough.


Joe Budden

“The Growth”

It’s hard to have a Gangsta Party with no CD to jam to. Maybe it was the Pump It Up battle with Jay-Z. Maybe he really couldn’t deliver another single as big as the one that earned him a Grammy nomination. If my first album went gold and dropped in ’03 and I haven’t been able to release an album since, I’d be making depressed Mood Muzik as well. Maybe “The Growth” is locked in the “Padded Room.”


Ja Rule

“The Mirror”

Say what you want about Ja, but Venni Vetti Vecci was a great album. Vowing to return to the formula that first brought him success, “The Mirror” was supposed to be a throwback to the Ja Rule of 1999. Well, if you’re looking for the Ja from ’99, your best bet is to pick up the CD he released in ’99. Mirror, mirror on the wall, whose disc hasn’t dropped at all?


Jay-Z, Ja Rule, DMX

“Murda Inc”

Ok, this one really hurt my heart. One song on the Streets is Watching Soundtrack. One song on Ja Rule’s debut album. That was the end of Murda Inc. With Jay in another stratosphere, Ja stuck in the mirror, and DMX barking up all the wrong trees as of late, this one’s looking all sorts of bleek (pun intended).


Timbaland, Dr. Dre

“Chairmen of the Board”

Ah!! Two of the greatest hip-hop producers announced that they would do a joint CD. Their beats would serve as the backdrop to showcase their artists. Timbo and Dre beats…as backdrop? Right. Backdrop, frontdrop, whatever. The album never dropped.


Doesn’t this list make you wanna play some of this great nonexistent music? I know I’m jamming to all of the nothing on this list right now. Shout out to Saigon, Papoose, Tru Life, and anyone that’s signed to Aftermath. We’ll be looking for your disc around Y3K.

4 comments:

JusWritin' said...

Yo, first off... this is a ridiculous post!!!!

Second, tell me how I had to do research about the Eve and Ja albums because I was SURE that they came out. You couldn't have told me nothing! I swear they dropped. I remember the singles, the ads and they aren't exactly no name artists - wow.

the Joe Budden thing hurts (post coming in October). But that "Padded Room" joint will drop and I can't wait.

Murder Inc. - yep two INCREDIBLE songs.

I'll give you a few more projects:

The Commission - (Jay, Fox & Shyne no?)
Ice Cube & Dr. Dre album (title: Helter Skelter)
Beanie Sigel and Memphis bleek album.
Lil' Wayne and Juelz Santana (lol)

If you want to have fun... look at the booklets of some of your old CD's. You'll see ads for "upcoming albums". You will laugh at the projects that only went as far as a 1 x 2 cm ad on an album booklet.

haha

Mr. Hutson said...

I Can't Feel My Face aka I Don't See the Disc. Yeah, I remember that. I'm sure Roc-a-fella had a few artists that never got to drop their albums (Da Ranjahz, Rell, the Bleek-Beans joint). Oddly enough, they found time to drop the Amil album. Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

The original Commission was actually Biggie, Charlie Baltimore, and Jay-Z

JusWritin' said...

RIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT

That's really the one I meant. I knew BIG and Jay but i couldn't think of the girl. Then I sorta remember the other three thinking of doing it again.