Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Friday, May 8, 2009

Let me tell you something....




Suggestions
written by 4 Bars

So I think I come up with some pretty good ideas from time to time, not necessarily original ones, but they’re usually improvements that can go a long way. I figured I’d give a few of my favorite artists suggestions that I think would help out a bit.

Scarface- As much as I love your music, I think your life is too good, at this point, to give us that shit that sends chills through listeners. No more albums, it’s just not worth it, you and Brett Favre. Could you make another good album? Probably, but it wouldn’t be what we’re used to. Don’t leave us totally, though, please keep helping out inferior MC’s and your homies by gracing their albums with verses, just to keep us with that Fix.

3 Stacks- Stop teasin us, dammit, come back and rap, shit…

Big Boi- I appreciate you still spittin, get your boy’s mind right man, we NEED that new Kast album, PRONTO!!

Wayne- I appreciate that you are proving to us that you are indeed a martian but make sure you don’t go to a galaxy where the rest of us can’t follow. Keep killin those guest spots too.

Ye- Keep bringing the heat as a rapper. I enjoyed 808s, personally, but you’re too good a rapper to keep that ish up. Also, make sure you don’t get on Wayne’s flight to the intergalactic, we want ya’ll to keep pushing the envelope, just make sure you don’t leave us earthlings too far behind, you actually do need an audience.

Hov- See Scarface’s advice, although you might have one more great album in you.

T.I.- in the illustrious words of Tron, “night night, keep ya butthole tight!!”

Em- Try not to kill TOO many people on this album. I mean, we definitely wanna see you murk a few people out of sheer rage but too many and you’re actually a terrorist. Scattered violent acts, ok, massacre, not ok, just a thought.

Mos Def- As much as we love you as a rapper (not so much a singer), I understand you got bills, so keep getting your movie makin on. BUT, be sure you don’t do TOO many more movies with Mike Epps and Donald Faison, that is if you wanna keep your status as a respected actor.

Talib Kweli- Find some way to get signed to GOOD Music, honestly, just look at your boy Common. Just like everybody else, you got bills, and since you can’t act, I don’t wanna see you starve, so gon ahead and pull a Gary Payton and join a GOOD team and get that ring, we won’t judge you, I promise.

4 comments:

JusWritin' said...

HAHA... You wrong for that T.I. lol

I don't know if I want Hov to stop making albums kid. I think he's definitely got some more classics left. Plus he has so much money that we don't have to worry about him coming up with a dance craze song to sell records.

Why u mad at Mike Epps and the Scrubs dude? lol B-List black actors need love too!!!!

Stuprint said...

Yeah, Hov still has it, but I feel like people are unjustly critical of his music now and it'd be really hard for him to get his just due. With that said, if there was ever a rapper up to the challenge, it'd be Shawn.

And Mos played f'n Charles Drew in a movie, now he playin a Master Pish f'n delivery man with Mike Epps as his wing man, smh

JusWritin' said...

Good point on Hov. Yeah people definitely do that. But F them I won't do that so I just wanna hear that dope ish!

Mr. Hutson said...

so, that T.I. advice...dirt! I was thinking you'd give Mos Def the same advice you gave his fellow singers Wayne and Kanye. Man, he practically sang all of The New Danger. Broke my heart.

As for Hov, yeah, I understand both perspectives. Dude's great. People hate. Eh, it's whatever.

And man! Kweli's one certified solo hit came over a Kanye beat. Excellent advice for Kweli.