Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am..


Thankful
written by gWiz


Music, where would I be without you? From my young days when I played the "drums" on my little blue plastic chair to DJing at universities in front of a thousand plus people. From the times when I did not want to hear anybodies voice, but there was always a song that knew exactly what I felt and made it all better. I can go on and on about what music has done for me but the funny thing is I guarantee we all got similar stories. Music has always been that escape for me, I couldn't imagine life without it. Think about it for a second...

No music what do we have...That ride to work (dead), that ride on the train (dead), clubs (no music), TV shows and Movies with just talk, no iPod, no Zune...Where does it stop? Somehow or another Music is essential. Music has given me and has create jobs for millions. I have even gone as far to have conversation with my girl through music. How deep is that? Im sure we can all relate and for that...

MUSIC I AM THANKFUL.

Enjoy Your Thanksgiving from the entire PTM Staff!

2 comments:

JusWritin' said...

I second that. Without music I'm just "Jus". No book of rhymes. Perhaps no real sense of identity. I could go on and on.

But yep, I'm thankful for music too.

Anonymous said...

"I have even gone as far to have conversation with my girl through music."

I can relate very well. Ive broken up with girls with "Where I Wanna Be" and gotten back together with "Song Cry".

Deep.