Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Friday, February 20, 2009

Am I Wrong?


My Dilemma
4bars

So shout out to Just K for opening up the Curtis – OFFICER RICKKYYYY beef to PTM. Recently I was thinking about it and while most beefs are ridiculous (TIP and any rapper you can think of, etc) I find myself torn in this one.

I’ve had several different conversations with high school aged minority males in which they have expressed that they believe the likes of Lil Wayne and Rick Ross when they claim to be the kingpins of unnamed drug syndicates. This frightens me.

My dilemma is this: Normally I would be COMPLETELY anti-Curtis for his ignorant ass rant and promotional driven beef with another rapper but in this case, the cat he’s going after, I dislike even more than he. So is it ok for ignorance to exist and succeed if it is eliminating an even higher form of itself and ultimately doing good?

50 has the ability to end a rapper’s career and RAWSS seems to be next in line. I would love to never see Rick Ross’ face or hear his voice as a rapper again not because I dislike him as a person but because I disagree with everything he stands for as an artist. But am I a hypocrite for condoning the dirty deeds of Mr. Jackson simply because they bring about a favorable result?

4 comments:

JusWritin' said...

what's that cliche? the enemy of my enemy is my friend? that's exactly what Fif is that for you right now. I aint mad at you bars

Anonymous said...

But am I a hypocrite for condoning the dirty deeds of Mr. Jackson simply because they bring about a favorable result?

Good question.

I'm an idiot, because I believed Ross when he told me to.

"Noreaga...the real Noreaga".

Remember?

Then his story started getting "eh". Those pics of him sealed the deal finally.

JusWritin' said...

Ross' exaggerations are simply legendary. I remember reading an article in XXL where he said that he can't function on less than $10 million dollars a year.

Yeah the Noriega line was ridiculous. Clearly he was buggin because for anyone with enough connect for that to be true, wouldn't be stupid enough to rap about it for a few ringtones haha.

Let's go 50!

K Storm said...

THE PIC IS TOOO FUNNY.....LMAO....