Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Friday, July 25, 2008

Who are you?


I'll admit I had this dudes music and just didn't get around to listening to it. Im glad I finally got the chance to cause I rock with his style. His name is Mickey Factz, heres a little excerpt from his BIO :

"As hip-hop has culturally evolved from it's original days, of the b-boys to that of the d-boys and so forth. Mickey Factz has been steadily crafting what he's coined as "Uber" music. When asked what "Uber" music is, he gestures at the sky and says, "undeniable global music...I don't care where in the world you are, you're rockin' to this shit." To Factz hip-hop music in it's truest essence is about being able to rock out on any track like the forefathers did and currently that lack there of in the genre is what's stagnating its growth. "The music my generation and younger are listening to has expanded beyond funk and soul, we're listening to rock, electronic, house and so forth. I'm always going to be clever with the wordplay and lyrics, but very few rappers can do that on a Royskopp record. That's the lane I ride in. I'm going to do me, and trust, you'll love me for it."

Mickey Factz - Good Money produced by 9th Wonder


check out more of his music here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met this dude at the Kidz in the Hall album release party a couple months back. He's a pretty funny dude. Definitely talented...

GO NEW HIP HOP!!!

Mimi said...

Been hip... Me likey Mickey.