Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, July 14, 2008

"You ever wonder if you'll find your dreams..."


I Wonder
written by JusHH

Last time I gave you a few things that I Believe in. Now I let you in on some of the things that I wonder about.

I Wonder what B.I.G would have done with the “Grindin’” beat

I Wonder what his next album would have sounded like

I Wonder what would have happened if Big L signed to Roc-a-fella

I Wonder when did we start caring so much about 1st week sales

I Wonder why Dame and Hov really broke up the dynasty

I Wonder when it became “uncool” to actually write your rhymes

I Wonder what Papoose and Remy’s baby is going to look like

I Wonder why athletes feel like they can be rappers

I Wonder when being “gangsta” became so freggin’ important for an artist to get a deal.

I Wonder how Mims is dealing with being a one hit wonder.

I Wonder what would have happened if 50 didn’t get shot and Columbia kept him

I Wonder how Eminem would be rated if he were black

I Wonder if he would have even gotten signed by Dre

I Wonder if he would have just been another dope emcee no one has heard of

I Wonder if people realize just how talented of a lyricist Ludacris is.

I Wonder if people realize the same for Busta Rhymes.

I Wonder if Juvenille is ever jealous of Lil’ Wayne

I Wonder when Lil’ Wayne became a Blood… and a drug addict.

I Wonder if Wyclef was ever jealous of Lauryn

I Wonder why artists refuse to do creative videos

I Wonder how great “Lean Back” would have sounded if Pun was alive

I Wonder why The Game feels the need to do and say stupid things all of the time.

I Wonder what MC Lyte and Queen Latifah really think about Lil’ Kim and Foxy

I Wonder what a Jay-Z/ Nas album would sound like.

I Wonder why Lupe and Common haven’t done a song yet.

I Wonder if Chuck D wants to slap Flav for all of those coon TV shows

I Wonder why PTM isn’t read by more people.

“And I wonder, if you know what it means… what it means.”

9 comments:

Mr. Hutson said...

1. He would've killed that beat, man. I think he would've passed on it first, though.

2. Pretty sure it would've been at least a tad better than Biggie duets.

3. Great question. No clue.

4. Probably when artists stop selling much. I'm trying to remember if MTV always used to post soundscan results. I used to be able to predict first week sales very accurately.

5. Hmmmm...heard a bunch of stories. One had to do w/ Dame's love of Cam'ron. Then something about the Reasonable Doubt masters. I dunno.

6. Jay is the trendsetter of trendsetters. "I'm ain't no rapper. I 'm a hustler. Just so happens I know how to rap." How many ex-hustler, crap rappers used that defense?

7. I bet they don't even want the answer to that one. Prolly tall.

8. To paraphrase David Banner, rap is the only genre of music where the fans think they can do it better than the people on stage.

9. When they stopped signing talent and started signing image.

10. Mims, in my opinion, can rap when he tries. That's what he gets for "saying nothing on a track"

11. Same thing that would've happened to DMX if he stayed w/ Columbia. Nothing.

12. Definitely not as high 'cause we wouldn't tolerate a black dude hating his mother and dissing pop groups that much.

13. Eh, probably. Dude got skills. For Dre, I think him being what was a bonus.

14. doubt it. just my opinion, of course.

15. nope. don't think they ever will. he'll never be taken 100% seriously, no matter how many shape-ups he gets.

16. nope. again, never 100% seriously.

17. hell, I'd be. this fake blood, fake drug addict is living like a rock star while i'm in the trenches, son!

18. eh, see number 17.

19. "the girl should've gone solo, guys should stop rapping." it's gotta sting a little bit.

20. 'cause it won't get aired. ask Little brother.

21. song probably wouldn't have happened. "hey Joe, that's some whack $h!t. I'm not rapping on that."

22. all emotion, no filter.

23. great question. my money says they can't be thrilled.

24. overwhelming to the senses.

25. No se.

26. Either that or he wants a piece of all that bootay running around.

27. It's hard to get people onto something new written by people that ain't famous. It sucks, yo. Folks always want something established, but never wanna be around when it's being established. Same reason sequels to movies usually sell more than the first installments.

Anonymous said...

thanks Just K for ridin' with us during the building phase.

K Storm said...

I won't hit up all the "WONDERS"
But, PTM is soooo slept on. Im not sure if we should get a little more push out there, but I KNOW, if more people knew how great this site was, it would be read by more.

Im down for getting a plan together to fix that.

Some of the "WONDERS" won't get answered, and can't be fixed, BUT THAT LAST ONE IS DOABLE....
VERY SERIOUS....

Anonymous said...

JusHH is open to any and all ideas.

Anonymous said...

let's make a diss record/post

K Storm said...

We need to get the word out.

Maybe we can have a PTM END OF SUMMER CELEBRATION....

That way all the guests, would have to ask/ want info on what the heck PTM is....

Im sure EPIX ENT. could have some part in that....

We NEED TSHIRTS....just because I want one....and maybe we can get a sick design on there...

PTM can really be a brand...but first there needs to get the word out.

Mr. Hutson said...

Make a diss record, shout out PTM at the beginning and the end of the song.

You'll have 100 new hits before the day is up.

State of hip-hop depresses me sometimes.

As for riding w/ the site, it's a no-brainer, man. If it's good, I'm in. This is good. The End.

Mimi said...

OMG! I want to do one of these!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know you can do one whenever... do a lil' guest appearance. just hit us with the email.