Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Im so....


The Cool
written by JusHH


Hip-Hop is just so damn cool. I mean really, really cool. It’s no wonder why white kids in the suburbs, and people all over South America, Europe and Asia are getting in on this “Hip-Hop” thing. The only explanation for someone who doesn’t understand English or has never been to the South Bronx falling in love with Hip-Hop is that it is so “bleeping” cool.

I fell in love with Hip-Hop because I thought Nas looked so cool in the “It Ain’t Hard to Tell” video.

How cool was it to see a dude just pop-lock and spin on his head to “Planet Rock”?

I still wear my white-on-white Uptowns not completely laced up. I think it’s cool that I didn’t know the real name to those sneakers until Nelly came out with that song.

When Hov asks us to “re-introduce himself” and then the stage explodes… that is the coolest s**t ever!

I think its so cool how we create and re-create slang every three months. I mean think about how many phrases we’ve either invented or changed. I think it’s cool that I’m still cool enough to be up on it… and that it takes the rest of America like 18 months to catch on.

I didn’t like Belly but that opening scene at the club was so cool.

How cool was it when you bought a new album and it had the words in the booklet?

I don’t care when it happens, who is doing it or where I’m at… Freestyling is cool. I think it’s cool that I kinda freestyled this post. lol.

I think it’s so cool when a girl loves Hip-Hop. It’s even cooler when she can spit a Biggie rap to me without hesitation… And it’s crazy sexy cool when she can rap like Lauryn.

How cool is it when your DJ finally puts that song on in the club that you’ve been waiting for all night?

How dudes can find the craziest color Jordans and some how find the exact same Yankee fitted to match is cool.

Snoop Dogg is and will always be cool. How cool was it when he said, “It’s like one, two, three and to the four”? How cool was his “Murder was the Case” performance at the MTV awards (“I’m innocent, I’m innocent)?

The fact that some poor black kids can start something that led to become a worldwide phenomenon is so very cool.

How cool is Hip-Hop? And since we are all Hip-Hop…

How cool is it being cool?

3 comments:

K Storm said...

How kool is JUSHH?
TOO KOOL FOR SCHOOL?
Who started that phrase TOO KOOL FOR SCHOOL?
I think its so kool that hip hop showed us that it takes more than formal education to be a business man/woman....
How kool was BROWN SUGAR?
I also think its sooo kool how I fell in love with hip-hop because of QUEEN LATIFAH.....
PTM is too kool.......

JusWritin' said...

Brown Sugar was definitely cool as hell...

Queen Latifah is no joke... i loved the Nature of a Sista joint. I definitely had the cassette tape.

You're definitely cool for spelling cool with a "K"... that is sooo Hip-Hop.

Also spelling The like "Tha" and turning bad into good.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late as sh** but I'm just enjoying reading the conversation that ya'll are having.

How cool is this post?!