Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Friday, December 5, 2008

Bass Drop!


Look What Hip Hop Did
written by 4bars

I was entertained watching television last night. I never, EVER, (“eeeevahevaevaeva…”) thought I’d be writing a post about Fat Man Scoop but after watching his show “Man and Wife” the thought I was left with was, “wow, hip hop is the shit”.

I know Hov has been able to Mike Jordan the business world and make himself a brand and other rappers to a lesser extent have done the same but Fat Man Scoop? Wow, I was seriously taken aback at the fact that a “personality” who, outside of New York, just isn’t very well known has his own show and podcast. I know what you’re saying: “there are PLENTY of people who have shows that shouldn’t have them” and I’m not saying that FMS is undeserving of a show. My point, though, is most people who have shows have money from avenues other than that show, the exceptions (to me) are former rappers and hip hop personalities and Fat Man Scoop clearly falls into that category.

With all the shit I talk about the state of hip hop and how certain stuff sucks and shouldn’t be played, blah blah blah, Hip Hop has done a lot of good and continues to. The show itself is pretty entertaining, authentic interaction always intrigues me when the people are interesting and FMS and his wife certainly fit that mold. Check the show out if you get a chance, I didn’t see much but what little I saw made me chuckle.

Hip Hip is awesome, will never die, and continues to show me something that makes me smile new each day. Nas was kinda right, but not really, haha.

4 comments:

gWiz Musik said...

haha dont get it confused fat man got a grammy and that remix he did with crooklyn clan (Be Faithful) is known worldwide. It was number one in UK for a while before it even got to the US.

K Storm said...

FMS is a pretty interesting guy and his wife seems pretty kool on her own as well. But side note: as I was logging in on my phone, I scrolled down and as soon as I read BASS DROP!!! I got really hyped and cont with the oh oh oh oh.... All on my head of course. Your right hip hop is awesome...

JusWritin' said...

Yeah I've seen parts of his show on myspace i think. it was pretty funny.

but you're right Hip-Hop has created opportunities for folks that otherwise would have never existed.

I too do a lot of bitching about the current state but there is a time and place to recognize the good.

LSCFoot said...

'But side note: as I was logging in on my phone, I scrolled down and as soon as I read BASS DROP!!!I got really hyped and cont with the oh oh oh oh....'

I love the show and really hated on FMS (circa B-Univ.) for no reason other than my aversion to give credit to all things NY. Side note of my own me and that city have a love/hate relationship...I'm in therapy.

That show however, is so on point. Scoop helps me to not fantasize about what I think a man's reaction to a question might be.He gives it to you straight...no chaser.

The success of the show, and the avenue he took to get there just shows how thorough our culture truly is...it's ingrained into all parts of our everyday life.

And we were luck enough to see it (almost) from the beginning.

"single ladies/i can't hear ya/single ladies/make noise"