Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ladies Love...

I just want to bring to you guys something fresh. I call this the Spotlight. Each week, I'll pick an artist and find a video about that clearly needs to get discussed. It will be a nice change of pace. Enjoy.



Ok I have a few thoughts about this. Should you be allowed to call yourself the greatest of all time?

I've paid attention to Hip-Hop for as long as I can remember and I can only recall a handful of artists that have been given the title of the greatest of all time and LL has never been on the list. But not only did he call himself that, he coined the phrase G.O.A.T. Shouldn't others give you that title?

Also, this video was a subliminal going at Jay-Z. LL amongst others at Def Jam were not happy with the Carter administration. And when Hov called himself the GOAT on 50's remix, LL was prompted to give this speech. Which leads me to my next point...

I know folks get on video alot more nowadays, but i'm sick of the fake threats. Since that video, LL never said squat about anyone. This reminds me of when Cam said it was gonna be a hot summer then disappeared for 2 years. STOP IT! If you gonna go at someone, do it. Dont get us all hyped then back off.

You may not like 50 but he never, ever disappoints!

0 comments: