Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, October 6, 2008

PTI with PTM


Pardon The Interruption
written by JusHH

[Clapping]

Terrence J: Welcome back to 106 & Park, BET’s Top 10 countdown. You just saw T-Pain’s video for “Can’t Believe it”. This dude is everywhere, doing real big things.

Rosci: No doubt, no doubt. South is doing it real big. You got Jeezy and TI releasing new albums.

TJ: Yeah, TI doing it big.

R: Rick Ross is also doing it major big.

TJ: And you know Lil’ Wayne is always doing doing big thi- wait, pardon the interruption folks but with efforts to bring more “substance” to the show, we were told to cover more news and other intelligent events. We’re told that JusHH is giving a press conference. We’re going live to Queens, NYC.

Thank you for coming out today. First I want to show some love to my PTM crew: K, Bars, Billz, Wiz and Matt – let’s keep bringing them that real s**t. I called this press conference to address a few issues that I am having with rappers today. As the Chairman of the C.A.W. (Coalition Against Wackness), it is important that I speak out against this current crisis. Many of you rappers are in danger of ending up on our Most Wanted list which can lead to a permanent removal of all props and a lifetime of being ridiculed. Some of you I understand don’t even know that you are in danger, so allow me to inform you of the current behavior that is frowned upon by the C.A.W.

First off, rhyming the same word twice does not count as good rapping. Unless it’s a homonym or for witty emphasis, it’s just lazy and unappreciated.

Outdated punchlines will no longer be accepted. This means no more references to The Wire or any of its characters. There’s enough going on today that can be talked about so stick to the current events.

No more “I’m the Obama of [blank]” metaphors. They never make any sense and frankly, with him actually having a chance to be the first black president, most of you knuckleheads don’t deserve to be in the same sentence. And while we’re at it, no more MLK or Malcolm X metaphors either.

Stop with the freggin’ “voice changing box” or whatever you call it. Unless you’re doing a duet with Roger Troutman, stick to your own damn voice. It might have worked the first time, but now it just sounds dumb.

While I support poetic license, when you mispronounce a word so bad that I can’t recognize it, it ceases to be creative. It defeats the purpose of using the English language. This goes especially for you Kanye. (Writers should never, ever be prounced “Wri-teers”) and you too Weezy (just pick a verse).

You are not allowed to claim that there’s no competition or that you don’t listen to anyone’s music then start your opening line with someone else’s rap. Not only is it a glaring contradiction, but it’s biting so stop it.

These are just a few things that I’ve noticed over the last few months that will land a lot more of you on the list. The C.A.W. is always available to anyone who wants more information on how they can avoid becoming wack. We have a 24-hour hotline and support on our website. We can stop this problem if we all work together. Thank you for coming out today. I’m going back to the office; we have an emergency intervention with 50 Cent. We’re gonna make sure his next album is solid.

Peace… oh yeah, f**k BET.

[silence]

Rosci: … Uhh…

Terrence J: Was that done big? I can’t tell.

11 comments:

Stuprint said...

HAHAHAHAHHA, hilarious, the end line is what did it. I cant ride with you on the audiocoder though, some people overdo it, but some people do it right, stay tuned this friday for further clarification.

Mr. Hutson said...

Wow. Go hard or go home, huh?

Loving the Aaron McGruder inspired ending to the interruption.

It was funny. I was reading an interview w/ TJ and he was talking about how much whackness is on the show. He said the real task for him is to not twitch when another whack video gets voted on to the countdown. I can't get too mad at dude for getting a paycheck. I mean, how many of us do jobs we really don't like for a paycheck? Question is, does that make us (and TJ) sellouts?

Stuprint said...

hell no, it sounds bad but its one of those things where if he doesnt do it, somebody will, the beef has to be taken up with the producers who determine what is presented on a show. If it was a sitcom or something with a famous star who made a stand, that can be done, or if it's not, he/she can be considered a sellout, but if you're just a minion, shut the f up and get paid so your ass isn't homeless, leave the trendsetting and example making to the mfs who can afford to do so, unless you got a bunch of minions and the audience with you. Standing up for something is great, but if nothing is actually accomplished by your brave stance, you're just screwing yourself if.

JusWritin' said...

Yeah I was just poking fun. I don't blame TJ for being the host on the show. He'll probably piggy back this gig into something great. Plus its not like he's voting (lol). It takes alot for me to call for another brother's job... its hard out there for us colored folk (sry had to throw in the pre-1964 talk)

K. Billy said...

Trust me, TJ is fine. He owns his own NASCAR team and he's in talks with Sprite (I know because I am involved in the negotiation) to host this Step competition (which Jay-Z and McDonalds are already backing) later this year.

I can't hate on him anymore. He's corny as hell, but he's got his entrepreneur on swole.

JusWritin' said...

Do you know which team? Its funny because he and I actually went through the same NASCAR Internship program.

Stuprint said...

YOOOOOOOOOO, when did "K. Billy" start droppin names? HAHAHAHHAHAHAH, ok, i see you....

JusWritin' said...

Word Billz is an industry cat now. Thats why he can't write for PTM no more.

K. Billy said...

I know. My boss told me about the internship that he did, too and I said that I knew someone from the same program. But he had a six figure job with them before he became the host of the show. I'm not sure what team, although I'm sure Jenkins or something relating to that is in the name since that's his last name.

K Storm said...

PTM is the greatest. TJ: I can't be mad at him. I do however see him snapping on the show one day and just saying F THIS B S..... I think he has it in him. Hes probably under contract or something and can't leave yet. BuT Rocsi.......we need a separate post for her. I MISS FREE....AND AJ....AND THE OLD 106...

JusWritin' said...

Word say what you want but Free and AJ were the best... and bring back the freestyle friday (the real one) lol