Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Video: Jay-Z - I Know


Alot of metaphors in the song and video....Thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what "I Know"... I know that I had no idea what i was looking at for 80% of that video.

K Storm said...

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ARTISTIC.
Its metaphoric. You know until I saw the video I didn't know what the song was REALLY about. I need to listen to the entire album all over again.

Anonymous said...

How you miss that? yeah the whole song was a metaphor. I get the whole artistic thing, I'm not mad at that, I'm just mad that i literally couldn't see most of the video.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't see anything most of the video. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Is it just me or do ROC artists all sit in a room together and come up with basic schemes for their videos??

"I know" isn't 100% like "Flashing Lights" but its similar in the way Kanye is only seen for about 7 seconds in flashing lights and I don't think Hov is seen at all in "I know" (correct me if I'm wrong). Flashing lights leaves you hanging at the end even though you can take a pretty good guess as to what happens and "I know" has you wondering wtf is going on the entire time.

Nonetheless, great videos from 2 of hip hop's bestest...

D.o.T.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I turned the brightness up all the way on my monitor and still couldn't see anything. It's not a bad video, it's just very ambitious and possibly a bit too abstract for mainstreamers.