Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, February 11, 2008

What's the difference


and


I just cant wait to here the music behind this title...Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the f**k? I mean art is art i guess. I think with the Nas thing the argument isn't whether or not he has the right to do what he's doing with the word Nigger but rather if its a good idea or not. All I have to say is that he needs to articulate his point better than he did last night to that reporter or no one is going to take him seriously.

Anonymous said...

I was trying to find this link, I hope it works. I don't know what Nas said to that reporter JusHH is referring to, but after reading what he said in the following article I understood him a lot better. I didn't see anything wrong with the John Lennon joint either--I kinda see what he's tryna say to. On the PTM poll I voted that the effect of his album release will be negative on the black community only because I see a lot of tension resulting from it. I don't think there should be. I think it needs to open up a much needed dialogue. We need to start having conversations about it in a different way than we did in the past. I'm hoping that's what it will do--and school some of these young kids to understand where the elders are coming from. But anyway...I hope the link works:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572287/20071018/nas.jhtml

The G