Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

MTV’s 2008 Hottest MCs special....

Kanye named the Hottest...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list.

Ye deserves number 1

Glad they penalized Wayne this time around for Bulls**tin with the album and Hov took his spot

Great to see L-U-P-End on the list!!!!

Mr. Hutson said...

Man, MTV is really trying to get back on Kanye's good side. Not that mr. flamboyand didn't deserve it, but it's coincidental that he gets it after Kanye declares that he'll never work with MTV again.

I didn't get to see the special, but what was their reasoning for leaving Soulja Boy off the list? Naw, I'm not a fan, but that kid is really bubbling in the mainstream. Maybe they consider him a glorified dance instructor like I do.

The day L-U-P-End is released, it'll be a bittersweet day.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched it yet but my rooommate DVR'ed it for me. Said there was a huge conflict about Souljah Boy in terms of him being an EMCEE, ha ha no kidding. One kid was pushing for him hard apparently with the argument that his record sells support the decision. And in the end they made the smart move to leave him off. It's about EMCEES, not money. I'm sure I will have much dissent when I watch it but for now I can say I agree with MTV for the first time about something, leaving Souljah Boy off the list.