Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Diesel...

Balling/Rapping

Ahh man where do I start, I remember a couple weeks again a friend of PTM asked me to talk about NBA players rapping and I said I would get to it. That thought totally slipped my mind until I saw this...



Aight after I finished laughing with JusHH all I could say is Shaq is a fool. Did Shaq really just call out Kobe with lines like "Kobe ratted, so now I'm getting a divorce" and "Kobe how my ass taste" The one thing that i found that was real funny though, Shaq freestyled better than some dudes that we call "rappers". Wait let me change that he freestyled better than ALOT OF DUDES WE CALL RAPPERS. Now no I didn't go cop that "Shaq Fu" album or "Shaq Diesel" I wouldn't go that far (I actually just looked it up and you can buy it for $0.01 on amazon.com, funny), but this was pretty comical.

We have had our share of NBA players coming into the rap game and falling hard. I was kinda tight that Chris Webber even did it to himself, but then I glad when I found out he was producing and actually landed a decent track on Nasir's "Hip Hop Is Dead" album. Allen Iverson aka Jewelz? Kobe? nah man, HaHa I mean music isn't for everybody, just because you can afford the studio in the crib doesn't mean you can really make yourself or claim to be a rapper. I know there are alot more players that rap in fact Tony Parker is coming out with an album. No hate but I think some people should just leave it alone, do it for fun in your house and never let it go past that.

oh yea and Shaq Fu did go platinum haha I'm out (Kobe how my @SS taste!)

gWiz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Yeah, I didn't think about it till you just pointed it out but he did freestyle better than most rappers on the top 40 charts.

"I call my self BIG but I'm not as good as Biggie/ I call myself BIG cuz I live next to Diddy/ Excuse me, Diddy live next to me/ So in the hood dawg I feel like B-I-G."

I don't care what no one says... that's dope.

Full disclosure: I had the cassette tape for Shaq Fu: Da Return. I was really f**kin with that song with Wu-Tang man. He also had a joint w/ Redman and Keith Murray that was tough too. Oh and he had a joint about his pops not being there.

I used to love it when every "the" was spelled "da".

Shaq isn't going to be in anyone's top 10 but you can tell that he loves Hip-Hop and hell if I was rich as hell, I'd make albums too. Why not? Plus how else you gonna hear someone diss Patrick Ewing on the mic?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(I'm still laughing)

Kobe, tell me how my ass taste... LMFAO!!!!!!

How you tell somebody that?!?!?!

K Storm said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY I DIDN'T CATCH THIS EARLIER. BUT BOOO.

HOT MESS/ SANDWHICH.

LA!!!! ALL DAY!!! -_-

Mr. Hutson said...

Wow, first the hotel chick, then the Laker girl, now Kobe's tasting Shaq's ass. Man, that kid has no standards.

Really though, people are gonna make it seem like it was extra bad because it was Shaq. Real talk, dude freestyled well AND came up with a hook that a live crowd could sing along to. I won't knock it. However, Shaq lost his badge because of his sweet hip-hop skillz. lmao. I don't think I'd ever tell a grown man to taste my ass. That's just not hetero...

Naw, I didn't own the Shaq-fu cassette, but I did play the video game (it was ass, no pun intended). I don't think Shazam or Steel was that good either.