Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, June 2, 2008

MIA...


"My name is Posta Posta"
written by gWiz


Tell me you don't remember the original Freestyle Friday on 106 & Park with AJ and Free. The battles got real ugly, it is a whole different story now. There was some dudes that actually got deals from this show, did they last? HaHa well you know, but I remember being hype to see Posta Boy get at somebody. Posta was the dude from Harlem with the crazy swag and the semi Ma$e drag in his voice. He was the first one from Freestyle Friday to be put in the Hall of Fame. He dropped that "Jurassic Harlem" on a DJ Clue tape and then he disappeared. I thought he had some kind of potential and I was kind of tight I never really heard anything from him until this.

I read that dude had testicular cancer and I mean you can figure out the rest. That would set you back, I heard about a year ago he signed with Neyo's label Compound Records. Posta Boy where you at kid?
Posta Boy - Jurassic Harlem

4 comments:

Mr. Hutson said...

Good grief! Posta Boy. Yeah, I remember dude. I remember how Free got down on the Can-I-Bus CD as well, but I digress.

Kid had some skills to him. Shame that he had a medical setback. We kinda forget that entertainers are human sometimes.

Might as well post a few "Where are they now" joints.

My number one goes to Free. I'm also gonna go ahead and give a shout out to Skee-lo and anyone that competed in those two MTV freestyle contests. Where the heck are these people? (Actually, I'm not really checking for Skee-lo; change of heart)

K Storm said...

I definitely looked forward to FREESTYLE FRIDAY. NOW its a joke. The "freestylers" make up their own songs now, then battle.... or some crazy formula like that. BET IS REALLY MAKING ME MAD. I miss the old freestyle Friday.

Anonymous said...

Word I used to LOVE freestyle friday... do they still even have it?

I remember when I first saw Jin... I LOST it.

"Check ya timbs, they probably say 'made in china'"

... too bad Swizz and them ruined his career (lol)

Anonymous said...

gwiz, i love you for this shit!