Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Be real...


I just came across this I don't know if this is true but if it is I have to ask this question. Is it that serious for an artist to fabricate their story of their past/life to be successful? Do they have to put up this facade to really "make it"? Be real man.

"While the performer's rap sheet does include a half-dozen arrests, Akon has only been convicted of one felony, for gun possession. That 1998 New Jersey case ended with a guilty plea, for which the singer was sentenced to three years probation. Another 1998 bust, this one in suburban Atlanta, has been seized upon by Akon and transformed into the big case that purportedly sent him to prison (thanks to his snitching cohorts) for three fight-filled years. In reality, Akon was arrested for possession of a single stolen BMW and held in the DeKalb County jail for several months before prosecutors dropped all charges against him.

So there was no conviction. There was no prison term between 1999 and 2002. And he was never "facing 75 years," as the singer claimed in one videotaped interview."

Akon Fraud Story

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been very vocal in my hate for Akon. I think he's a clown. From darn near raping 14 year old girls to picking up and throwing people off the stage at his shows, hes just a douche bag. I took a little bit of time out and wrote about Akon today over at Highbrid Nation and I hope that the uncovering of his true past is a message to artists and labels that "keeping it real" doesn't mean making up some stuff.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone actually believe that he was in jail? the closest thing i thought he came to the yard was in the "locked up" video. Akon is insane! he's always buggin' at his live shows and is getting banned all over the world lol.

I have a love hate relationship with his music too. either i like what he brings to a record or it makes me want to throw up a lil' in my mouth.

Oh, and he CAN'T SING! I don't care what anyone says, his man has no vocal talent. sorry he just has a unique sound that can work w/ the right hook.

K. Billy said...

**Chuckle, chuckle**

Never liked him anyway. Now there is no way I will endorse his ass ever...

**chuckle**

His name says it all: A Kon

Loser...

Anonymous said...

This saddens me (minor sarc). I happen to like Akon's music. It always suxx when an artist forces his street cred. I guess that's why he be goin so hard on them hooks(pause). He sellin that image. He prolly somewhere laughin like. "Oh well! hahaha..."