Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I put it on tape, you gon' buy it..."


Nyquil Mixtape of the Week – (noun) A group of five (5) songs that you are currently sleeping on. Either you've never heard them or forgot how much you really love them. Regardless, you need to brush the dust off your CD rack and play them or add them to your collection.

1. "Mad Izm" – Channel Live ft. KRS-ONE
These guys completely disappeared but not after giving weed smokers across the country a timeless anthem.


2. "DWYCK" – Gang Starr ft. Nice-N-Smooth
Greg Nice, Greg N-I-C-E!


3. "Safe 2 Say" – Fat Joe, All or Nothing
Here is the moment where I think Fat Joe stole Pun's rhyme book.


4. "Boom" – The Roots ft. Big Daddy Kane & Kool G. Rap, The Tipping Point
Can somebody say, "Breath Control." Damn.


5. "Goodlife" – T.I. ft. Common, King
Before Ye and Pain, these two really brought it over the piano keys.


Come back every week for a new mixtape!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't pinpoint exactly the moment I fell in love with hip hop. But I know it was solidified the first time I heard Greg Nice say "ooh la la ah wee wee." I felt like I was doing somethin bad by repeating him (because I was young). And I liked it.

Anonymous said...

I cut off that thought....

It felt like some kinda super hero power went through my body. I was a hip hop bad ass. I couldn't let my mom catch me singing that. Of course I later came to recite joints like "Hit em up" and "Ain't no fun" and Greg Nice's line seemed like nursery rhymes. But in '92 it made me feel like poppin my collar.

Anonymous said...

"put lead in your ass and drink a cup of tea"... lmao