Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Excuse me...


Nyquil Mixtape of the Week – (noun) A group of five (5) songs that you are currently sleeping on. Either you've never heard them or forgot how much you really love them. Regardless, you need to brush the dust off your CD rack and play them or add them to your collection.

Spittin' Game Edition

1. Notorious BIG - One More Chance (remix), One More Chance/The What 12"- "Heart throb never black and ugly as ever
However I stay Coogi down to the socks"


2. 2Pac - I Get Around, Strictly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z. - Im tryna make a dollar out of 15 cents


3. Jay-Z - Who You Wit, In My Lifetime Vol I - The Updated Mack theme music


4. 50 Cent - P.I.M.P feat Snoop Dogg, Get Rich Or Die Trying - Yea we knew it was wrong, but we still sung the words to the song.


5. Big Pun feat Joe - Still Not a Player, Capital Punishment - "You nasty twin...I don't care!!!"

Come back every week for a new mixtape!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

EW! I would NOT have put 4 and 5 on this mixtape.

Anonymous said...

What?! No love for Big Pun?! Both the original and the remix were fire. "Your my darling darling baby" LOL. I'm feeling this list. Whatever exceptions I'll keep to myself but as a whole I can't complain...

Anonymous said...

Oh and who didn't LOVE the girl from "I Get Around?" She was the epitome of a fly girl back then, like the women's version of the light skinned green eyed brother.

Anonymous said...

Who are you talking about? There's like 100 girls in that Pac video lol

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, right. My bad. The one with the curly pony tail. She's really acting up but for some reason it's okay. The one he hugs on the tennis court with the yellow Big Bird looking shirt on. Whenever I think of that video she's the only one who sticks out in my mind. maybe cuz she seemed like she was having so much fun, lol.....