Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Press it...


Nyquil Mixtape of the Week – (noun) A group of five (5) songs that you are currently sleeping on. Either you've never heard them or forgot how much you really love them. Regardless, you need to brush the dust off your CD rack and play them or add them to your collection.

1. "Good Night" – Kanye West ft. Mos Def, Graduation (Japan/UK)
If I had to choose my Mos Def performance I would have picked this one over "all of these Drunk and Hot girls".


2. "Silent Murder" – Nas, It Was Written (cassette)
The funniest thing about this is that I bought the tape and got this bonus while my two boys who spent more for the CD, didn't… oh they hated my guts for that.


3. "Game Time"Lupe Fiasco, Food & Liquor (leak)
I felt bad for dude when this got leaked, but it shows his skills that he could replace songs like this and still deliver a classic.


4. "Stomp" - Young Buck ft. TI & Ludacris, Straight Outta Cashville (leak)
This is the song that started the beef between Luda and TI. At the last minute Game replaced TI for the official album version


5. "Renegade (Original)" - Eminem ft. Royce the 5'9 (unreleased)
This was supposed to
end up on a future album of theirs but then Hov came calling for the beat, and well, the rest is history.


Come back every week for a new mixtape!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not for nothing. The original Renegade is a better song. Royce and Slim work so well together together and you can tell that Em's verses were made for the original.

Please listen close to that Lupe, jeeezzz.

Anonymous said...

Dear PTM,
I'm mad at you! Ever since this damn NyQuil mixtape was posted and I listened to that damn Kanye West "Good Night" I have had the damn Supercat song (I think it's called Me Oh My) stuck in my head. I have been singing it continuously. No matter what else I listen to I hear Mos Def saying "I'm not sure anymore, more who is knockin at my door door," then it turns into Supercat. Damn you! Please don't ever do this to me again.

Your friend,
The G