Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, March 24, 2008

Save the receipt


… Still waiting for my Refund!
written by JusHH

Before it became so easy to steal, I mean “sample” an album before its release date, we had to buy it without hearing it. Most times you knew what you were getting and you were happy with your purchase. But there are those times, when that artist that you just expected to bring it completely dropped the ball. Those are the times when you would just stare at your radio and wish you could run back to the store and get back your $15. So here’s my request for a full refund (plus interest for pissing me off) from the following artists:

The David Blane Division – You really know better because you stopped buying their other albums but then they came out with a hot song and guaranteed this album would be different. But it was a trick and once you bought it, you were ready to throw it back at the speakers… It’s that, “Arrgh, he got me again” feeling.

Busta Rhymes – Anarchy

Fabolous – Real Talk

Fat Joe – Loyalty

Memphis Bleek – M.A.D.E.

Cam’ron – Purple Haze


The Scary Movie 4 Division – I don’t care if you have a classic “name” stop trying to use it to cover up terrible albums and have me waste my money… It’s when you scream at the top of your lungs, “Please give it up. It’s just not the same anymore! The magic is gone!”

Bone Thugs N Harmony – Thug World Order

DMX – Lord Give Me a Sign

LL Cool J – 10

Naughty By Nature – Iicons

Wu-Tang Clan – Iron Flag


The LeBron James Division – We know you’re good and even though it’s not your fault and it’s pretty much out of your control, your “team” still lost and the fans are still pissed off… It’s when you ask, “How could you possibly mess things up when you’ve got this guy on your team?”

2Pac – Pac’s Life

Big Pun – Yeeeah Baby!

The Notorious B.I.G. – Duets: The Final Chapter


The Next Friday Divison – It’s not so much that it’s a terrible album. You just know that given their history they could have done soooooo much better… It’s when you spend months making excuses then eventually say, “Damn, this album really isn’t that good.”

50 Cent – Curtis

Eminem – Encore

Jay-Z – The Dynasty: Roc La Familia

Ludacris – Chicken & Beer

Nas – Nastradamus

Outkast – Idlewild


The Buster Douglas Division – This is by far the worst division and the most painful to deal with. You definitely didn’t see it coming. This album being dope was damn near guaranteed. You were even cocky when you bought it. But the wackness hits you with a punch and knocks you on your butt… It’s when you look at your radio and ask, “what the f**k is this s**t?”

Canibus – Can-I-Bus

Coco Brovas – The Rude Awakening

Common – Electric Circus

The Firm – The Album

Foxy Brown – Chyna Doll

Jadakiss – Kiss The Game Goodbye

Method Man – Tical 2000: Judgment Day

Mobb Deep – Infamy

Mos Def – True Magic

Snoop Dogg – The Doggfather



WHO DO YOU WANT TO GET YOUR REFUND FROM?

12 comments:

K Storm said...

This is a really creative post Jushh. No fighting on this one. Ill like to add Cassidy- Split Personality
DA Band so mad at myself for that one

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW (in my best Flava Flav). This post is insane! I can't disagree with ANY of it. And may I add Cam'Ron "Come Home With Me", Missy "The Cookbook" (which is parly my fault cuz I shoulda known) and Touche like a muthaf***a on Bone Thugs N Harmony's "Thug World Order."

Anonymous said...

Wow... how did I forget to put that Cassidy on there? He's definitey in the Buster Douglas division. And so is Cam's "Come Home With Me". S.D.E. was tough and given the fact that he was on the Roc and them singles were tough, I thought this album would have been incredible....

Another knockout punch.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I'd like to add also Dead Prez's "RBG." There were some great songs on that album but I coulda avoided spending the money and just got the few that I loved individually from itunes. After the Get Free or Die Tryin Mixtape was such a smash I was sure they were gonna bring it with this one....clearly they did not.

You might see me coming back over and over today cuz JusHH you done started somethin!

Mr. Hutson said...

Shame. Buying anything from Fabolous other than a mixtape.

Anonymous said...

Just K - You're sooooo right. I hate it when a rapper kills a mixtape and then their album is straight trash!!!

I should have created a whole new section for that.

K Storm said...

I agree.

Anonymous said...

T.I. vs T.I.P. Let's talk about it. Now I almost bought it but stopped myself after I heard it. I didn't actually copp it but I gotta pour out a lil liquor for my homies who did. Sorry ya'll. Now I don't know what category this would fall under, maybe the Next Friday Division, because the album wasn't COMPLETE trash. But with 18tracks, "Respect this Hustle" being the most disrespectful of them all, it should have been waaaay better. People want their money back doubly, from T.I. and T.I.P.

Anonymous said...

haha yo G, I was thinking the same thing about the TI vs TIP. JusHH you already wrote on this but I gotta say the Latest Clipse album, I was more than upset and if Lil Wayne don't come with a CLASSIC after all this time that cd will be right here with the rest hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Yooooo.... That Clipse joint is definitely a Buster Douglas album for real!

TI vs. TIP? hmmm? I think you're right. It's probably in the Next Friday division.

If Lil' Wayne flops... i'm re-writing this post. lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh and i heard Fat Joe's latest... I swear he's about to be entered into the David Blaine Hall of Fame. How many times can you come out w/ hot singles only to deliver a sub-par album?

CRAACCKKKKK!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know wha it iiiii! Hahahaha