Welcome to Past the Margin where we go beyond the beats, beyond the rhymes, beyond the cars, girls and diamonds. At Past The Margin we dig a little deeper into the topics that deal with this thing we call "Hip-Hop".

We plan to bring to you those serious, comical and controversial ideas and opinions that you've had with your "peoples" whether it was on the block or in your crib. There's hundreds of conversations going on right now about Hip-Hop and everyone has something to say about it. So don't think outside the box... take it Past the Margin.

Updated Daily...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Show some respect....

In the Hip-Hop world we lost this one of a kind rapper on March 9th, so to show some respect here are some memomarable videos...shout outs to OnSmash
Notorious B.I.G. - Party & Bullshit


Notorious B.I.G. Live In Philadelphia (From The Show DVD)




Notorious B.I.G. - Source Awards Performance (1995)



Notorious B.I.G. Last Interview (1997)


Watch more at OnSmash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe its been 11 yrs since BIG died. What can you say that hasn't already been said about him?

So I'll just give you one of my favorite Biggie moments. I brought home Life after Death and this was before the internet took over so I didn't have a leak or a tracklist. I remember looking at the back of the cover and seeing that he had a song with Bone Thugs. I couldn't imagine him doing a song with Bone. I thought it wouldn't sound good because he wouldn't be able to keep up.

So when i finally got to disc 2 and heard that beat, i got all excited. When i heard BIG rip? OMG I lost it. Right there in my bedroom I was buggin'. I called like 3 people before the song even went off. Did you hear BIG rap fast w/ Bone? It was so unexpected but that was why I loved Hip-Hop - you never knew what you would get from a talented rapper.

LSCFoot said...

This moment I could only share with the other 3 original members of the Fast A$$ Crew. (Jus, you’ll have to ask Tara, Meli, and Nyssa about it). Me, my girl Dot, Pri, and Miece went to visit some of Miece’s people in BK right after we graduated high school. Ready to Die had just come out (shouts to c/o ’97). Miece and I had always been hip hop fans, Dot and Pri were the R&B honies. We were staying at a Marriott right across the way from the towers. One night we couldn’t sleep so we went upstairs to the gym, hit the treadmills and put on disc 1. When Hypnotize came on, all four of us just felt the music at the same time. We don’t always talk or see each other anymore. We never forgot that night, because before then we all loved different sides of BIG’s music, but that one song had all of us. He could make you party, talk much b*llsh*t, and laugh all the way through.

Thicka than grits wit cheese.